Thursday, May 16, 2013

Where am I?

So its been raining here for about a month. Ok maybe just 4 days but it feels like a month. In light of this I am going to list 10 things that I like about France, our experience here or just something positive so I don't completely loose my mind...

10 - Hearing Charlie speak French and understand it on the playground, in stores and really all the time. He amazes me everyday.

9 - How resilient kids are. I drop Charlie off at school everyday and multisport once a week and he is ok it and not only that LOVES it.

8 - Fresh baguettes. Need I say more?

7 - Champagne. I seriously found a bottle the other day for 1 euro 50 cents (2+ US dollars). And it's delicious.

6 - Lily says "au revoir" at 17 months.

5 - I'm being stretched. And even though I don't love it now I will 4 years from now and I will look back and see how wonderfully blessed we've been because of this experience.

4 - Spain, Germany, Sweden, Austria, and Italy are literally a car ride away.

3 - We walk EVERYWHERE. Work, school, the gym, grocery store, park...

2 - Have I mentioned the fresh baguettes...?

1 - The people I have met here. The network of women here is amazing, so welcoming and incredibly caring. The French, Americans and all others are such wonderful people. I feel blessed to have them in my life!

 Playing with a volcano fountain at Jardin Lecoq
 
 Ruthie after I butchered, I mean cut her hair...
 
 The wisteria outside our apartment. It smells AMAZING and is so beautiful.
 
Lily with her "hair by Holly" style. We love you Holly!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment